The DR750X-2CH LTE Plus is available for customers in North America, Europe and most of the world. It is the successor to the DR750-2CH LTE.
Update (October 8, 2021): DR750X-2CH IR LTE Plus is now available.
Main updates over DR750-2CH LTE
The DR750X-2CH LTE Plus includes the same upgraded Sony STARVIS CMOS sensor as the DR750X Plus Series, for improved video quality day and night. DR750X-2CH LTE Plus also supports the new Mobile Hotspot Function, which lets you use your BlackVue as a Wi-Fi hotspot for up to five devices.
1. There are currently 2 versions of DR750X-2CH LTE Plus: NA and GL. Make sure to pick the right version for your country or mobile operator.
For Australia and Japan versions, please refer to the DR750-2CH LTE.
2. DR750X-2CH LTE Plus does NOT include a SIM card.
In order to connect to BlackVue Cloud with the built-in 4G LTE, you must:
- Create a BlackVue Cloud account: you can do it for free in the BlackVue App.
- Get a Nano-SIM card with a data plan.
- Insert the SIM in the dashcam’s SIM card tray.
- Activate the SIM via the BlackVue app.
We recommend to check first that your local mobile telecom carrier operates on the LTE frequency bands supported by DR750X-2CH LTE Plus.
Parking Mode (hardwiring) notice:
Please note that DR750X-2CH LTE Plus requires a Parking Mode accessory for hardwiring, such as Power Magic Pro, just like the DR750-2CH LTE.
Unlike DR750X-1CH Plus and DR750X-2CH Plus, DR750X-2CH LTE Plus does not support built-in voltage monitoring.
DR750X-2CH LTE Plus: Connected by design
The BlackVue DR750X-2CH LTE Plus is the second BlackVue with built-in cellular connectivity, following the DR750-2CH LTE. It uses two Sony STARVIS sensors (front and rear) for great clarity night and day, Full HD 1080p recording at 60 frames per second on the front camera and 30 on the rear camera.
It includes all the DR750X Plus Series features, such as Seamless Pairing, sub-stream technology (for fast video playback over Wi-Fi or the Cloud), and great Parking Mode options (Time Lapse + Impact Events or Motion detection + Impact Events).
Let’s be clear from the get go: if you are not planning on using Cloud features such as Remote Live View, Impact Push Notifications and Live Event Upload, BlackVue has other models for you such as the DR750X-2CH Plus mentioned above. If you are looking for the best Cloud-focused model, however, this is it.
Why use a Cloud-connected dashcam at all?
When most dashcams on the market are still simple windshield-mounted digital cameras, maybe we should start with the obvious: why would you want to get a Cloud-connected dashcam?
As a business with a fleet
That one is probably the most obvious: imagine you are a business owner or a fleet manager. To monitor your fleet, you might want to invest in a GPS tracking solution. Those solutions require some kind of connected device in your vehicles. With DR750X-2CH LTE Plus dashcams and a service like BlackVue Fleet Tracking, you could easily monitor a whole fleet. No need for any additional equipment such as GPS trackers or even mobile Internet hotspots. And in case of crash or accident of any kind, you can see for yourself what happened and download the corresponding video remotely on your mobile. Having video recording, GPS tracking and more integrated into a single device means more simplicity of installation and operation.
As an individual user
The benefits of a Cloud-connected dashcam for the individual driver might be less obvious, though nonetheless real. Have you ever worried about your car when you leave it for valet parking or when you bring it to a shop or dealership? Do you sometimes let others (friends, spouse or family member) drive your vehicle? Do you sometimes park your vehicle outside of a private parking lot (sorry for the quasi-rhetorical question)? Those are arguably common examples, and they can all potentially make you anxious to varying degrees. If you are interested in equipping your ride with a BlackVue, we assume that you care about your vehicle more than the average motorist.
When combined with Parking Mode, BlackVue Cloud and the BlackVue app can help you manage your car-related anxiety in many ways:
- Remote Live View lets you check the view from either camera in real-time from anywhere, anytime.
- Push notifications when an impact to your parked vehicle is detected by the dashcam. Simply knowing that you’ll be alerted the moment something happens can go a long way.
- Live Event Upload is the ultimate security feature when paired with Parking Mode, as it saves footage in real time to the Cloud, so you get video proof even if the camera gets disconnected halfway through a recording.
- Remote playback: browse the videos stored on your dashcam’s local microSD card and save the important ones on your phone or in the cloud.
DR750X-2CH LTE Plus: the easiest way to enjoy BlackVue Cloud
For those of you looking to use BlackVue’s Cloud services, DR750X-2CH LTE Plus is the perfect dashcam. Just insert a SIM card in the reader accessed by removing the mount, activate the SIM from the BlackVue App and you are good to go. No need for a separate Wi-Fi LTE hotspot. Better yet, no need to worry about powering an external hotspot.
Note that you will need to get a Nano-SIM card with data plan for the dashcam.
The dashcam acts as a Wi-Fi hotspot for up to five devices
With DR750X-2CH LTE Plus, not only can you enjoy Cloud features for your dash cam, but its Mobile Hotspot Function lets you use your dash cam as a Wi-Fi router for your car.
Connect a laptop, a portable game console, or your passengers’ phone and tablets to the camera. Simply enter your device’s Wi-Fi connection menu, find the dash cam in the network list and then connect using the BlackVue’s Wi-Fi password.
Important! Which version to pick?
Which version will work for you depends mostly on the LTE frequency bands supported by your local carrier(s).
DR750X-2CH LTE Plus is only available in NA (North America) and GL (Global) versions at the moment.
Customers looking to purchase the AU (Australia) or JP (Japan) version should refer to the DR750-2CH LTE.
USA, Canada: pick the NA version.
Europe, Africa, Middle-East, Russia, most of Asia: pick the GL model.
Australia, New Zealand: choose the AU version.
Japan: pick the JP version.
South America: NA preferably, with GL being usable in some countries.
Dash cam version Bands supported Main carriers Shop link NA (North America) B2, B4, B12 US: AT&T, T-Mobile; Canada: Rogers, Telus.
Preferred for most of South America except Brazil.
BUY DR750X-2CH LTE Plus (NA) GL (Global) B1, B3, B7, B20 Europe: most of the main carriers.
Suitable for Africa, Middle-East, Russia, Brazil, Asia.
May be suitable for South America.
BUY DR750X-2CH LTE Plus (GL) AU (Australia) B1, B3, B5 Vodafone
Also recommended for New Zealand.
BUY DR750-2CH LTE (AU) JP (Japan) B1, B3, B18, B19 NTT Docomo BUY DR750-2CH LTE (JP)
The reason we share the bands information (B1, B2, etc.) is to let you double-check that the model you plan to get will work on your carrier’s network.
With a bit of research, you can find which bands are covered by your local carriers and get a Nano SIM from a carrier that operates on the bands supported by your DR750X-2CH LTE Plus / DR750-CH LTE model.
To recap, here is what you should consider to pick your DR750X-2CH LTE Plus / DR750-CH LTE:
- Is my mobile network carrier operating on a band (B1, B2, etc.) supported by the dashcam?
- Is there a carrier offering more affordable data plans?
- Is there another network carrier in my country operating on those bands.
- Am I planning to drive my car abroad? (In that case, consider a model that might cover multiple countries). Check this site for LTE band coverage data.
How much data will you need?
Depending on the BlackVue Cloud features you plan to use, you might need varying amounts of data.
- Push Notifications use negligible amounts of data.
- Remote Live View uses a limited amount (about 4.5MB per minute). Remote video playback uses exactly as much as Remote Live View if you choose Sub-Streams (low resolution version) instead of the original-resolution videos.
- Live Event Upload uses the same bitrate as Remote Live View (about 4.5MB per minute): Live Event Upload can be turn off or deactivated partially, to work only during Parking Mode, for example.
- Cloud backup, remote playback and download over the Cloud of videos in their original resolution use considerably more data: about 190MB per minute for front camera videos at the highest bitrate (see this table for more info).
- MOST IMPORTANTLY: with Mobile Hotspot Function, your data consumption may vary greatly. That means if you want to stay connected to the dashcam while listening to podcast and using a navigation app, you might want to get a beefier plan. If you are worried about using too much data from your dashcam’s plan, you can always choose not to automatically connect to the dashcam’s Wi-Fi: to do so, go to your phone’s Wi-Fi networks menu, then tap the BlackVue in the list, then uncheck the Auto-join feature.
Ask for help
We hope the info contained in this post can help you make your choice. However, feel free to contact our Support at [email protected] if you have any question.