Terms & Conditions
- Online Shop
- Cloud Terms of Service
- Terms of Location-Based Service
- BlackVue Fleet Tracking
- Information We Collect and Why
- Open Source Software Disclosure
BlackVue Online Shop – Specific conditions
The following conditions apply only to Pittasoft products purchased from the BlackVue online shop on this website. The warranty covers only normal uses of the products. Pittasoft shall not be liable under this warranty if any damage or defect results from misuse, abuse, neglect, improper shipping or installation; disasters such as fire, flood, lightning or improper electric current; or service or alteration by anyone other than an authorized Pittasoft representative. You must retain your purchase receipt or other proofs of purchase to receive warranty service. The warranty does not cover any third party products used with Pittasoft products.
We ship globally via DHL, with a few exceptions. Refer to our Shipping Countries List for a full list of countries where we ship.
Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer’s responsibility.
Please check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to buying.
Online Sales Shipping Policy
- Free Shipping*: 5-7 Business days
- DHL Expedited: 2-3 Business days
(*) Free shipping is available for orders totaling a value of over USD 200.
*Some shipping areas may take up to 7 business days for delivery.
*Orders ship Mon-Fri, mostly within one full business day.
*Items in Back Order ship as they become available.
*All orders are only delivered Mon-Fri.
* Expedited shipping is not available for military or some U.S. Territory and Associated State addresses.
International Shipping: Will I be responsible for import duty, VAT, or other taxes?
Customers are solely responsible for all duties, import taxes and brokerage fees. Customs, duties, and taxes vary widely from country to country; please check with your local customs agency for details on estimated costs. Customs, duty, and taxes are non-refundable: so if you refuse a shipment because of unexpected import fees, the cost of the original shipping, any brokerage/customs/duty/taxes, and any return shipping charges will not be refunded.
- We can not mark your package as a gift since this is unlawful and could jeopardize BlackVue’s ability to continue exporting products.
- Shipment confirmation and tracking: As soon as our warehouse ships your order, we will send you an email notifying you that your package is in route. In this email we will include a link to track delivery with DHL.
- Delivery time estimates: The time it takes to receive your order depends on the Shipping Method you choose during checkout, and the time of day you place your order. Please see table below for estimated delivery windows & shipping options. Time estimates assume orders are placed before 10:30 AM KST on business days. (M-F, non-holidays.)
- Exemption of responsibility: We do not take responsibility for items lost after their delivery based on customer’s delivery requests (e.g. in case of request to leave a package at a location specified by the customer, we will not take responsibility for subsequent degradation, loss or theft).
Free same-product replacement will be provided in the following cases:
- An item does not match the purchase order (product will be replaced with the originally ordered item).
- The package or product is damaged during shipping.
- The product malfunctions within 30 days after delivery.
*How to claim free replacement:
Note: for the 1st and 2nd cases mentioned above, the Customer must report to Pittasoft within 72 hours after delivery.
- After verification of free replacement claim, the Customer will be provided a return shipping label and Replacement request form / Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) request form.
- The Customer can choose to either get a replacement product or repair the product.
*To get replacement, the Customer must send the full box including all accessories.
*To repair the product, the Customer can send the faulty product only, exempt of accessories.
- All shipping costs will be covered by Pittasoft.
- For case 1) and 2), if the customer doesn’t report to Pittasoft within 72 hours after delivery, free replacement claim would not be valid. In this case, only RMA service will be provided.
The customer should send the Order number, purchase receipt and description of the issues to Pittasoft Customer Support Team at [email protected] for troubleshooting.
The Customer Support Team will evaluate the case and provide an RMA request form.
*Products within Warranty Period and damage/issue covered by Warranty:
Shipping and repair costs will be paid by Pittasoft.
*Out of Warranty Period or damage/issue not covered by Warranty:
The customer will have to pay for the shipping and repair costs.
Warranty period after RMA:
In case of repair following an RMA (return merchandise authorization), whether within or out of warranty period, an independent 6-month warranty period is applied. This warranty does not affect or extend the original warranty period.
For example, if a user purchases a product with a 1-year warranty period and an RMA repair occurs within the first 6 months, the user will still be eligible for within-warranty repair one year after the original product purchase.
Address shipments to:
Attn: CS Team
Pittasoft Co., Ltd.
4F ABN Tower, 331, Pangyo-ro, Bundang-gu, Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-do, Republic of Korea, 13488
You can cancel your order by email and receive a refund any time before delivery.
- Cancellation before order is shipped: refund with no additional charge.
- Cancellation after order is shipped: we reserve the right to subtract from the refund amount an amount equal to the DHL Express (in case of charged shipping) or Economy (in case of free shipping) shipping fee.
Please refer to your product’s manual for warranty information. As a general rule, BlackVue dashcams and add-on products (Power Magic Pro, Power Magic Battery Pack, etc.) bear a one-year warranty period. Memory cards are covered by a 6-month warranty. Other consumables such as tapes, cable clips, etc. or tools such as microSD card readers, pry tools, SIM ejector tools, etc. are not covered by a warranty. Even within the warranty period, if the malfunction is due to user’s negligence, repairs may be handled for a fee.
A receipt or any proof of purchase will be required to determine the product warranty period. You must retain your purchase receipt or other proofs of purchase to receive warranty service.
Free of charge/Cost of charge service standard
Free of charge service Free of charge warranty service is provided for malfunctions occurring within the warranty period. The customer must provide a copy of the original proof of purchase in order to obtain warranty service.
- Malfunction occurring after the warranty period.
- Malfunction caused by user’s negligence (damage, disassembly, shocks, etc.).
- Repair following damage occurring during shipment, accident, fire, and natural disasters, unauthorized repairs, tampering, cosmetic damage or other types of damage which are the result of improper handling or abuse.
Other warranty regulations
Although our dashcams can be used as a recording device during accidents, we do not guarantee the proper recording of all videos in case of an accident. Accordingly, we are not responsible for losses due to damages of recorded files, recovery of lost files, and failure.
Effective date: Aug 1, 2021
Pittasoft Co., Ltd. (“us“, “we“, or “our“) operates the BlackVue mobile application, the BlackVue Viewer desktop application and the www.blackvuecloud.com website (the “Service“).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
Table of Contents
- Information Collection and Use
- Use of Data
- How can I opt out or unsubscribe from receiving emails?
- Retention of Data
- Transfer of Data
- Disclosure of Data
- Security of Data
- “Do Not Track” Signals
- Your Rights
- Service Providers
- Links to Other Sites
- Children’s Privacy
- Contact Us
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on a User’s device.
Data Controller means a person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal data are, or are to be, processed.
Data Processors (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any person (other than an employee of the Data Controller) who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
The User is the individual using our Service. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data“). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- Cookies and Usage Data
If you opt in, we may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device (“Usage Data“).
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so (“Location Data”). We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customize our Service. Refer to the BLACKVUE CLOUD Terms of Location-Based Service Use for this information.
You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time, through your device settings.
Tracking Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly. Our Online Store in particular may not function properly or be able to display your cart data if you disable cookies.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies: We use Session Cookies to operate our Service and help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Preference Cookies: We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies: We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Pittasoft Co., Ltd. uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To quickly process your order.
- To send emails regarding your order.
- To respond to inquiries, requests or questions (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
- To provide and maintain our Service.
- To notify you about changes to our Service.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so.
- To provide customer support.
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service.
- To monitor the usage of our Service.
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues.
- If you opt in: To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
How can I opt out or unsubscribe from receiving emails?
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving newsletters, special offers or marketing/promotional emails, you can:
- Follow the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email we send; or
- Email your unsubscribe request to [email protected].
and we will promptly honor your request.
Retention of Data
Pittasoft Co., Ltd. will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside of the Republic of Korea and choose to provide information to us, please note that we may transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the Republic of Korea and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Pittasoft Co., Ltd. may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Pittasoft Co., Ltd. may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation.
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Pittasoft Co., Ltd.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service.
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public.
- To protect against legal liability.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
"Do Not Track" Signals
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Pittasoft Co., Ltd. aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
Whenever made possible, you can update your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to change your Personal Data, please contact us to make the required changes.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the right:
- To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you.
- To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate.
- To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you.
You have the right to data portability for the information you provide to Pittasoft Co., Ltd.. You can request to obtain a copy of your Personal Data in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers“), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processors we work with are:
Apple Store In-App Payments
Google Play In-App Payments
If you opt to receive our email newsletter, we may use third-party Service Providers to facilitate our email newsletter mailing list.
The email marketing service we use is:
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children” or “Child”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
BLACKVUE CLOUD Terms of Service
The purpose of these Terms of Service is to enunciate the rights, obligations, responsibilities and other necessary matters between Pittasoft Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as the ‘Company’) and a member with regard to use of the BLACKVUE CLOUD service and various related services provided by the Company.
For users in South Korea: Please see here for information about BlackVue Cloud Terms of Service.
For users in Japan: Please see here for information about BlackVue Cloud Terms of Service.
The definition of terms used in these Terms of Service is as follows:
- ‘Service’ means various free and charged services provided by the Company and usable by a member.
- ‘Member’ means a customer who accesses the service of the Company, concludes a use agreement with the Company according to the Terms of Service and uses one or several services provided by the Company.
- ‘ID’ means a combination of letters and numbers which is chosen by a member for member identification and use of the service and approved by the Company.
- ‘Password, etc.’ means a combination of letters or numbers which is chosen by a member in order to confirm that he/she is the member that matches the given ID and protect personal information, and is
required for authentication.
- ‘Charged service’ means various online digital content (including various information content, video on demand(VOD) and other charged content) and various services that the Company provides at a cost.
- ‘Point’ or ‘packet’ (hereinafter referred to as ‘point’) means virtual data on the service which the Company may set, provide or adjust arbitrarily for efficient use of the service.
- ‘Posting’ means text, photos, videos, various files and links in the form of information including signs, letters, voices, sounds and video posted on the service while a member uses the Service.
Explanation of Service
The ‘BLACKVUE CLOUD Service’ provided by the Company collects data in the following method. It supports the service environment which enables filming and voice recording and allows members to use and share data collected through a dedicated dashboard camera with Wi-Fi and GPS functionality. The service is provided using the collected data set out below.
- In instances where a ‘BLACKVUE CLOUD Service’ account has been created and the dedicated dashboard camera has been registered :
Images created in the dashboard camera (including stored images and live images), GPS data and 3-axis sensor data are provided to the customer himself/herself. In the case of a customer who has agreed to disclose information, such information may be disclosed to the Company and a third party. The Company supports ‘Cloud storage space’ which can be used in the service only by a customer who has registered the dashboard camera. Restrictions on available storage space, downloading and uploading may vary according to the policies of the ‘BLACKVUE CLOUD Service’ Terms of Service. Files that a member desires among the information collected from the dedicated dashboard camera may be stored in and deleted from Cloud storage space.
- In instances where only a ‘BLACKVUE CLOUD Service’ account has been created :
In the case of a customer with no dedicated dashboard camera, he/she may only view data disclosed by a member who is using the service and has registered the dashboard camera, and he/she may use only that part of the service. In order to use additional services, a member must register dedicated dashboard camera.
Publication and Revision of the Terms of Service
Pittasoft Co., Ltd. uses the collected data for various purposes:
- The Company shall publish the content of the Terms of Service on its website and in the mobile app in order to allow members to view them easily.
- The Company may revise these Terms of Service such that the relevant laws such as the Act on the Regulation of Terms and Conditions and the Act on Promotion of Utilization of Information and Communications Network, etc. are not violated.
- When the Company revises the Terms of Service, the Company shall announce the date of application and reasons of revision along with the current Terms of Service according to the method specified in Paragraph 1 at least 30 days prior to the date of application to the day before the date of application. However, if the revision of Terms of Service is unfavorable to members, it shall be stated clearly and separately through an electronic means such as e-mail, electronic note, or agreement window at the time of logging in to the service for a certain period of time in addition to the announcement.
- If a member has not expressed his/her intention of refusal explicitly even though the Company has announced or notified to the member that if he/she does not express his/her intention within 30 days, it is deemed that he/she has expressed his/her intention while announcing or notifying of the revised Terms of Service according to the provisions of the preceding paragraph, it is deemed that the member has agreed to the revised Terms of Service.
- If a member does not agree to the application of the revised Terms of Service, the Company shall not apply the contents of the revised Terms of Service, and in such a case, the member may terminate the use agreement. However, if there is a special circumstance which prevents the Company from applying the previous Terms of Service, the Company may terminate the use agreement.
Interpretation of Terms of Service
- For any matter or interpretation which is not specified in the Terms of Service, Terms of charged Service, etc. applies, and for any matter or interpretation which is not specified in the Terms of Charged Service, etc. relevant laws and commercial practice apply. If the meaning of Terms of Service is still not clear, it is interpreted in a manner favorable to the customer.
Conclusion of Use Agreement
- A use agreement is concluded when a person, who wishes to be a member (hereinafter referred to as an ‘applicant for membership’), accepts the contents of the Terms of Service, applies for the membership subscription and the Company accepts such an application.
- The Company shall accept the use of service for the application of applicant for membership in principle. However, for an application falling under any of the following subparagraphs, the Company reserves the right not accept such application or terminate the use agreement afterward:
- In cases where an applicant for membership has lost the qualification for membership in the past according to the Terms of Service. However, this does not apply if he/she has obtained the permission of reapplication for membership from the Company.
- In cases where an applicant has used somebody else´s e-mail.
- In cases where an applicant has written false information or omitted the content presented by the Company.
- In cases where a child under the age of 14 has not obtained the consent of his/her legal representative (parents, etc.).
- In cases where the user is a child under the age of 8.
- In cases where it is impossible to approve due to a reason attributable to the user or the user has applied for the membership in violation of other regulated matters.
- The Company may request the verification of the user’s real name through a specialized agency, adult authentication and user authentication according to the type of member for the application according to the provisions of Paragraph 1.
- The Company may defer approval if there are no available service-related facilities or a technical or business issue exists.
- If approval for the application for membership according is not given or deferred according to Paragraphs 2 and 4, the Company shall inform the applicant for membership of the refusal.
- The use agreement is concluded when the Company marks the subscription complete on the application procedure.
- The Company may classify a member by class according to the company policies, subdivide hours and number of use, service menu, etc. and apply different usages to each.
- The Company may apply use restriction or restriction by rating to the member in order to observe the rating and age according to the Promotion of the Motion Pictures and Video Products Act and Juvenile Protection Act.
Change of Member’s Information
- A member may inspect and modify his/her own personal information at any time through the personal information management screen. However, ID, etc. which are necessary for service management cannot be modified.
- If any matter filled out when applying for membership subscription has been changed, the member shall modify his/her personal information online or inform the Company of such change with e-mail or other methods.
- The Company holds no liability for any disadvantage occurred due to failure in the notification of such change in Paragraph 2 to the Company.
Obligation of Personal Information Protection
Obligation to Protect the Location Information of Member
The Company shall make efforts to protect the location information of a member in accordance with the Act on the Protection, Use, Etc. of Location Information. A member may use location-based services provided by the Company only after agreeing to the Terms of Location-Based Service Use of the Company.
Obligation of Management of Member’s ID and Password, Etc.
- A member shall be responsible for managing his/her communication terminal, ID and password, etc. and must not allow a third party to use such items.
- If the communication device and ID of a member pose a concern of personal information leakage, becoming antisocial, or going against public morals, the Company may restrict the access for service use from the relevant communication device and use of such ID.
- If a member has recognized that his/her communication terminal, ID and password, etc. have been stolen or used by a third person, the member shall inform the Company immediately and follow the instructions of the Company.
- In the case of Paragraph 3, the Company holds no liability for any disadvantage occurred because the relevant member has failed to inform the Company or if the relevant member has informed the Company of such fact but has failed to follow the instructions of the Company.
Notice to Member
- The Company may give a notice to a member by e-mail address, SMS message or electronic memo to the registered communication device unless there is a separate provision in the Terms of Service.
- In the case of a notice to all members, the Company may post such a notice on the website of the Company for more than 7 days in lieu of notice specified in Paragraph 1.
Obligation of Company
- The Company shall not conduct any act which is prohibited by the relevant laws and the Terms of Service or goes against public morals and the Company shall make the best effort to provide the service continuously and stably.
- The Company shall, if an opinion or complaint raised by a member with regard to use of service is deemed reasonable, handle such opinion or complaint. For an opinion or complaint raised by a member, the handling process and result shall be delivered to the member through the website of the Company or e-mail.
Obligation of Member
- A member must not perform any of the following acts:
- Register false information when making or modifying an application.
- Use someone else’s information illegally.
- Modify information posted by the Company.
- Transmit or post information (computer program, etc.) other than information determined by the Company.
- Infringe intellectual property rights including copyright of the Company and third parties.
- Act to damage the reputation or interfere with business between the Company and third parties.
- Act to disclose or post obscenity, violent messages, images, voice and other information that goes against public order and good morals on the service.
- Act to use the service for the purpose of making profit without the consent of the Company.
- Other unlawful or unjustifiable acts.
- A member should observe cautions announced with regard to relevant laws, provisions of the Terms of Service, use guide and the Service and other matters notified by the Company and should not conduct any act which obstructs other business of the Company.
Provision of Service, Etc.
- The Company may provide the following services to members:
- Provide the BLACKVUE CLOUD Service application
- Location-based search service
- Real-time image live streaming and video on demand (VOD) service through the LTE and 3G service
- Two-way voice communication service
- Location-based recommended advertisement service
- Open advertisement service
- Charged service for service-related item sales
- The Company may divide the Service into a certain range and specify the available time of use for each range separately. However, in such a case, the relevant content shall be announced in advance.
- The service shall be provided for 24 hours a day and all year around in principle.
- The Company may cease the provision of the service in the case of maintenance, replacement or failure of communication equipment such as computer, loss of communication, or there are other reasonable grounds for such an operation. In such a case, the Company shall inform members using the method specified in Article 11. However, if there is an unavoidable reason which prevents the Company from informing in advance, the Company may inform afterward.
- The Company may, if it is necessary for the provision of the service, carry out periodic inspection, and the announcement on the service provision screen shall apply for the time of that periodic inspection.
Change of Service
- The Company may, on reasonable grounds, change the service in whole or part according to operational and technical needs.
- If there is a change in the contents, method and time of using the service, reasons for change, contents of service to be changed, date of provision, etc. shall be posted on the first page of the service.
- The Company may modify, suspend or change the service which is provided for free in whole or part according to the needs in the Company policies and operation, and no separate compensation shall be provided to members unless there is a special provision with regard to such matter in the relevant laws.
Provision of Information and Insertion of Advertisements
- The Company may provide various information and advertisements deemed necessary to members by means of voice announcements written notifications or e-mail, etc. while using the service. However, a member may opt-out of receiving e-mail, etc. at any time except for those containing transaction-related information according to the relevant laws and replies to member inquiries.
- The Company may post advertisements on the service screen of mobile app, website, e-mail, etc. with regard to the operation of the service. A member who has received an e-mail where containing an advertisement may opt-out of receiving future advertisement e-mails from the Company.
- Users (including members and non-members) shall not take measures such as change, modification or restriction, etc. of postings or other information with regard to the service provided by the Company.
Copyright of Posting
- The copyright of a posting which a member discloses and posts in the service is vested in the copyright holder of the relevant posting.
- A posting which a member discloses and posts in the service may be exposed in the search results, services and relevant promotions, and it may be posted after being modified, copied and edited partially within the necessary range for relevant exposure. In addition, data disclosed by a member in the service may be used by the Company without consent of the member. In such a case, the Company must observe the provisions of the Copyright Act and the member may take measures such as deletion, exclusion from search result, non-disclosure of the relevant posting through the customer center or the management function in the service at any time.
Management of a Posting
- In the case where a member’s posting includes the contents which are against relevant laws such as the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, Etc. and the Copyright Act, the manager may request suspension, deletion, etc. of the relevant posting according to the procedure stipulated in the relevant laws, and the Company shall take measures according to the relevant laws.
- The Company may, on reasonable grounds of infringement of a right or violation of other company policies and relevant laws even if there is no request from the holder of a right according to the preceding paragraph, take a temporary measure, etc. for the relevant posting according to relevant laws.
Attribution of Right
- The copyright and intellectual property right of the Service is vested in the Company. However, postings of members and works provided according to a partnership agreement are excluded.
- The Company grants only a right to use the account, ID, contents, etc. according to the conditions of use determined by the Company to a member with regard to the service, and the member cannot take an act of disposal such as transfer, sale and provision of security.
The Company may provide the Service at a charge cost for efficient use and operation of the Service. For charged service, the Terms of Charged Service of the Company apply.
- The mobile app may include In-App Purchases that allow a member to unlock features or functionality within the app (for example, access to premium features/content or subscription services).
- Amounts for one-off purchases are payable and charged at the time the member makes the purchase.
- Amounts for subscriptions (for example, monthly or yearly subscriptions) are payable and charged at the beginning of the subscription and, because each such subscription renews automatically for an additional period equal in length to the expiring subscription term, at the time of each renewal until the member cancels the subscription.
- All billing and transaction processes of In-App Purchases are handled by the app store operator from whose platform (for example, Apple App Store or Google Play Store) the member downloaded the app and are governed by the app store operator’s terms and conditions/EULA. If a member has any billing/refund inquiries or payment-related issues with In-App Purchases then the member must contact the app store operator directly.
- A member can cancel a subscription through the app store operator. A subscription must be cancelled before it renews to avoid the billing of the amounts for the next subscription period. If a member cancels a subscription, the member will continue to receive the subscription services until the end of the current subscription period.
Cancellation and Termination, etc. of Agreement
- A member may apply for the termination of use agreement through the customer center or management menu on the initial screen of the service at any time, and the Company must handle such application immediately in accordance with relevant laws, etc.
- If a member terminates the agreement, all postings that the member has created and registered to his/her account will be deleted. However, postings, etc. that have been published through reposting or sharing by others or postings that have been registered on the website will not be deleted. The user should delete those postings before withdrawing from membership.
Restriction of use, etc.
- If a member has violated his/her obligation under the Terms of Service or obstructed normal operation of the service, the Company may restrict the service use.
- If the service use has been restricted or the agreement has been terminated according to this Article, the Company shall inform the member of such fact.
Restriction of responsibility
- If the Company is unable to provide the service due to a natural disaster or equivalent force majeure, the Company is exempted from liability regarding the provision of the service.
- The Company holds no liability for any malfunctions in the service use due to a reason attributable to a member.
- The Company holds no liability for the contents of information, data and facts that a member has posted with regard to the service such as credibility and accuracy.
- The Company is exempted from liability if a transaction has been conducted between members or a member and a third party with the service as a medium.
- The Company holds no liability unless there is a special provision in the relevant laws with regard to the use of a service which is provided for free.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- A lawsuit between the company and a member shall be governed by the law of the Republic of Korea the applicable law and jurisdiction.
- A lawsuit regarding a dispute occurring between the Company and a member shall be filed with a competent court under the Civil Procedure Act.
- Notwithstanding the provision of the preceding paragraph, for a lawsuit regarding a dispute occurring between the Company and a member who has his/her address or place of residence in a foreign country, Seoul Central District Court shall be considered as the competent court.
These Terms of Service are effective as of August 1, 2021
– Article 20A (“In-App Purchases”) added.
– Terms of service for Korean users added