Coming on the heels of the DR750X-2CH LTE Plus, the BlackVue DR750X-2CH IR LTE Plus is a Cloud dashcam with built-in SIM card reader and interior-facing infrared auxiliary camera. It is the ideal dashcam for those who want to simultaneously monitor the road ahead and the interior of their vehicle.
It is now available in NA (North America) and GL (Global) versions. For AU (Australia) and JP (Japan) versions, please refer to the DR750-2CH IR LTE.
NOTE: DR750X-2CH LTE Plus and DR750X-2CH IR LTE Plus share the same firmware. This means they are both compatible with the same rear or interior cameras.
The Best Cloud Experience
BlackVue Cloud is a free Cloud service (with paid plans available) for compatible BlackVue dashcams. It allows you to receive notifications to your phone when an impact is detected on your parked car, for example, then check a live feed from the front or interior camera remotely, and save video footage to the Cloud storage. It is a great feature that complements Parking Mode beautifully to protect your vehicle when you are away. For fleet managers, BlackVue Fleet Tracking offers the ability to monitor but also protect whole fleets of vehicles with BlackVue dashcams.
Just like the DR750X-2CH LTE Plus, the DR750X-2CH IR LTE Plus is designed to provide the best Cloud dashcam experience. It lets you pair it to a Wi-Fi hotspot to connect to the Cloud if you wish. However, the main reason one would want to get the DR750X-2CH IR LTE Plus over the DR750X-2CH IR Plus is the built-in LTE. DR750X-2CH IR LTE Plus includes a SIM card reader in the dashcam’s body, under the mount. After popping the tray open, you can insert a compatible Nano SIM and activate it with the BlackVue app.
Multiple versions available
DR750X-2CH IR LTE Plus uses the exact same front camera as the DR750X-2CH LTE Plus.
Which version will work for you depends mostly on the LTE frequency bands supported by your local carrier(s). The Plus models are currently only available in NA and GL versions.
USA, Canada: pick the NA version.
Europe, Africa, Middle-East, Russia, most of Asia: pick the GL model.
Australia, New Zealand: choose the AU version.
Japan: pick the JP version.
South America: NA preferably, with GL being usable in some countries.
|Dashcam Version||Bands supported||Main carriers|
|DR750X-2CH IR LTE Plus NA (North America)||B2, B4, B12||US: AT&T, T-Mobile; Canada: Rogers, Telus.|
Preferred for most of South America except Brazil.
|DR750X-2CH IR LTE Plus GL (Global)||B1, B3, B7, B20||Europe: most of the main carriers.|
Suitable for Africa, Middle-East, Russia, Brazil, Asia.
May be suitable for South America.
|DR750-2CH IR LTE AU (Australia)||B1, B3, B5||Vodafone|
Also recommended for New Zealand.
|DR750-2CH IR LTE JP (Japan)||B1, B3, B18, B19||NTT Docomo|
Use the LTE frequency band info to pick a model that runs on your carrier’s LTE network.
The reason we share the bands information (B1, B2, etc.) is to let you double-check that the model you plan to get will work on your carrier’s network.
With a bit of research, you can find which bands are covered by your local carriers and get a Nano SIM from a carrier that operates on the bands supported by your DR750X-CH IR LTE Plus model.
To recap, here is what you should consider to pick your DR750X-2CH IR LTE Plus/DR750-2CH IR LTE:
- Is my mobile network carrier operating on a band (B1, B2, etc.) supported by the dashcam?
- Is there a carrier offering more affordable data plans?
- Is there another network carrier in my country operating on those bands.
- Am I planning to drive my car abroad? (In that case, consider a model that might cover multiple countries). Check this site for LTE band coverage data.
How much data will you need?
Depending on the BlackVue Cloud features you plan to use, you might need varying amounts of data.
- Push Notifications use negligible amounts of data.
- Remote Live View uses a limited amount (about 4.5MB per minute). Remote video playback uses exactly as much as Remote Live View if you choose Sub-Streams (low resolution version) instead of the original-resolution videos.
- Cloud backup, remote playback and download over the Cloud of videos in their original resolution use considerably more data: about 190MB per minute for front camera videos at the highest bitrate (see this table for more info).
- MOST IMPORTANTLY: DR750X-2CH IR LTE Plus can act as a hotspot for your phone while you are connected to it over Wi-Fi. That means if you want to stay connected to the dashcam while listening to podcast and using a navigation app, you might want to get a beefier plan. If you are worried about using too much data from your dashcam’s plan, you can always choose not to automatically connect to the dashcam’s Wi-Fi: to do so, go to your phone’s Wi-Fi networks menu, then tap the BlackVue in the list, then uncheck the Auto-join feature.
Check out our other models with infrared interior camera
Are you wondering how the DR750X-2CH IR LTE Plus stacks up against other BlackVue dashcams equipped with an interior-facing camera? Check out the BlackVue Taxi Dashcams page.
Ask for help
We hope the info contained in this post can help you make your choice. However, feel free to contact our Support at [email protected] if you have any question.