The Tamper-Proof Case lineup includes a new model as of today to protect the Simple and Wi-Fi-only BlackVue dashcams with a cylindrical case. The BTC-2A is a tamper-proof case for the DR590 Series and all dashcams that share its external design.
Why use a Tamper-Proof Case?
There are many good reasons to use a tamper-proof case for your dashcam.
- Prevent unplugging the power and video cables.
- Prevent access to the microSD card.
- Help protect against theft: it is easy to remove a dashcam, including with its mount, when you can simply unplug the power and video cables. If you cannot unplug the cables, however, stealing the dashcam is much trickier and will require the thief to take out all the wiring (hard to be discreet doing that) or cut the cables altogether.
Full compatibility list:
If your dashcam looks like the DR590 Series, it is probably compatible with the BTC-2A Tamper-Proof Case. If you are not sure, check the list of compatible dashcams further below.
- DR590W-2CH, DR590W-2CH IR, DR590W-1CH,
- DR590-2CH, DR590-2CH IR, DR590-1CH,
- DR470-2CH, DR470-2CH IR,
- DR430-2CH, DR430-2CH IR.
Visit the Tamper-Proof product page HERE and the Online Store page HERE.