New firmware is available for the DR750S (1.013) and DR900S (1.008) Series, introducing Over-the-Cloud firmware upgrades and Quick View Notifications in case of Events.
Not using BlackVue Cloud? We still recommend upgrading as these updates also include a new Write Error Detection feature.
DR750S Series (version 1.013), DR900S Series (version 1.008)
- DR750S Series (DR750S-1CH, DR750S-2CH, DR750S-2CH IR and DR750S-2CH TRUCK)
- DR900S Series (DR900S-1CH, DR900S-2CH)
- Quick View Notifications:
- When a Normal, Parking Mode or Manual Event occurs, a thumbnail is now displayed alongside the Push Notification sent.
- Push Notifications are sent both when an Event starts (e.g. “Impact detected” notification) and when the recording ends (“Event recording saved”).
- If you tap on the Push Notification, the app opens to display a popup with a large-size thumbnail and allow you to view a live stream (Event start notifications) or play a quick play version of the video (Event saved notifications).
Note: in case of quick play videos, only the front camera view is available. User can access the rear camera videos from the video file list.
- Cloud FOTA (firmware upgrade via the Cloud):
- Upgrade your dashcam’s firmware easily over the Cloud.
- To use this feature, go to the BLACKVUE CLOUD menu in the BlackVue app (Cloud Viewer in the desktop application).
- When a new firmware is available, an icon will show near your dashcam’s name.
Tap the 3-dot icon (⋮) > Remote firmware update > Update Now. The dashcam will start downloading the firmware and automatically apply it. You will be notified once the upgrade is successful or fails.
- Write Error Detection:
- Your BlackVue constantly checks that the microSD card is properly recording videos.
- If your microSD card becomes write-protected (“bricked”), a “Check SD card” voice message will play from the dashcam.
- What should you do if your dashcam prompts you to check the SD card?
First, try formatting the microSD card using the Format button on the side of the dashcam (Hold the button until a voice prompt plays, then hold again). If that does not fix the issue, try formatting using the BlackVue Viewer for Mac/Windows. Then if the issue persists, contact Support at [email protected].
- Wi-Fi connection error voice prompt:
If you try to connect to the dashcam in direct Wi-Fi while another device is already connected, the following voice alert will play: “Direct Wi-Fi connection already in use”.
※ Compatible software versions:
BlackVue App: Android v2.84 / iOS v2.84 and up.
BlackVue Viewer: Windows v2.04 / Mac v1.28 and up.
Make sure to use the latest versions of the BlackVue Viewer and App for full compatibility when installing a new firmware version.
How to upgrade:
Go to the DOWNLOADS page to access the latest firmware and installation instructions.
Via the BlackVue App:
Download the firmware to your mobile device (Menu button on the app’s Home screen > Firmware download) and do a Firmware Over-The-Air upgrade (BLACKVUE WI-FI > Gear icon > Firmware upgrade (FOTA)).
Tip: make sure to download the firmware before you connect to your BlackVue in Wi-Fi (since the BlackVue won’t give you the internet connection necessary to download the firmware). If you are already connected to your BlackVue, then disconnect first, download the firwmare, then connect to the BlackVue’s Wi-Fi again.
Share your feedback and suggestions
If you have suggestions for new features and improvements, feel free to join our Community hosted in the BlackVue Help Center.