Dear BlackVue User,
A new firmware for DR490L-2CH (version 1.1.618) is now available. Please check below for details.
- BlackVue DR490L-2CH (Dual Full HD LCD Dashcam)
- Added ADAS feature: FVSA (Front Vehicle Start Alarm). The dashcam will alert you if it senses that your vehicle is remaining stationary after the front vehicle has started moving forward. Useful when waiting at traffic lights or intersections.
IMPORTANT: this feature requires the External GPS.
[Firmware Upgrade Guide]
- Visit the BlackVue Downloads page at www.blackvue.com/downloads.
- On the Downloads page, download the latest firmware for your BlackVue DR490L-2CH dashcam.
- Unzip the downloaded firmware (zip file).
※ CAUTION: The next step will ask you to format the microSD card. Before doing so, please backup any files present on the microSD card, as the formatting will erase them.
- Insert the BlackVue microSD card into your computer and format it (FAT32 format).
- Copy the file “bb_dr490l-2ch.bin” to the formatted microSD card.
- Insert the microSD card into the dashcam and turn it on to start applying the upgrade.
- Once the upgrade is applied, a screen will prompt you to format the microSD card. Confirm to proceed.
- After completing the microSD card formatting step, your BlackVue will boot up and start recording.
※ The microSD card must be formatted in FAT32 format (Note: the BlackVue Viewer formats in FAT32 format).
※ After upgrading the firmware, please use the latest version of the BlackVue Viewer to ensure compatibility.
For support, visit our Help Center.