Dear BlackVue User,
A new firmware for DR490L-2CH (version 1.1.306) is now available. Please check below for details.
- BlackVue DR490L-2CH (Dual Full HD LCD Dashcam)
- Turn Event recording sound alert beep ON / OFF with the new BlackVue Viewer (requires BlackVue Viewer version 1.09 and up).
IMPORTANT: this setting is only available through the BlackVue Viewer and does not appear in the menus accessible in the dashcam’s LCD screen.
- Japan-specific update: when language is set to Japanese, the front camera will automatically record at 29.5fps (to prevent in-video flickering of LED traffic lights).
[Firmware Upgrade Guide]
- Visit the BlackVue Downloads page at www.blackvue.com/downloads.
- On the Downloads page, download the latest firmware for your BlackVue DR490L-2CH dashcam.
- Unzip the downloaded firmware (zip file).
※ CAUTION: The next step will ask you to format the microSD card. Before doing so, please backup any files present on the microSD card, as the formatting will erase them.
- Insert the BlackVue microSD card into your computer and format it (FAT32 format).
- Copy the file “bb_dr490l-2ch.bin” to the formatted microSD card.
- Insert the microSD card into the dashcam and turn it on to start applying the upgrade.
- Once the upgrade is applied, a screen will prompt you to format the microSD card. Confirm to proceed.
- After completing the microSD card formatting step, your BlackVue will boot up and start recording.
※ The microSD card must be formatted in FAT32 format (Note: the BlackVue Viewer formats in FAT32 format).
※ After upgrading the firmware, please use the latest version of the BlackVue Viewer to ensure compatibility.
For support, visit our Help Center.