Dear BlackVue users, a firmware update has been released for BlackVue DR650GW-1CH/2CH models.
Firmware compatible with the Cloud service – BlackVue Cloud.
Refer to this table for a comparison with the Legacy Firmware.
This update (v2.006) features a bug fix and stability improvements:
Event Recording bug fix: when 1 or 2 of the 3-axis sensitivity settings (up-down, left-right, front-rear) were set to zero (no issue will all 3 parameters set to zero), Event recordings would occur repeatedly.
Previous update (v2.005) featured the following improvements:
1. Video quality improvement (including bitrate up to 10Mbps for the front camera on Highest quality setting).
Note: this is actually higher than the Highest quality setting on the Legacy firmware (8Mbps).
2. Video quality settings added (Normal/High/Highest).
3. Expanded hotspot settings: you can now register up to 3 hotspots for your BlackVue to connect to the Cloud.
When you change the time zone and save the setting, the next time you insert the microSD card into the dashcam it will format the microSD card.
Notes: please use the latest version of S/W after the update as follows:
– BlackvueC app : Android v2.02~ / iOS v2.22~
– PC viewer : Windows v2.53~ / Mac v1.43~
To download the firmware:
With the BlackVue app:
Use the BlackVue app and at the home screen, hit the top-left corner icon to open the sliding menu, then go to “Firmware download”.
Once downloaded, connect to your BlackVue from the Wi-Fi menu of your iOS or Android device (default password is blackvue), then in the BlackVue app, enter the BLACKVUE WIFI menu –> Camera Settings –> Firmware upgrade.
With the BlackVue Viewer for Windows and Mac OS:
Follow the instructions at www.blackvue.com/downloads.