Welcome to the BlackVue Downloads Page
Thank you for choosing BlackVue!
You will find on this page all the latest firmware, PC, Mac and mobile applications, as well as the manuals for your products.
Firmware Upgrade Guide
Why upgrade your dashcam’s firmware ?
Firmware upgrades may add functionalities to your dashcam, and/or improve its performance.
How to upgrade ?
Using an iOS or Android device: download the BlackVue App (see links further below).
Using a Windows or Mac OS computer: follow the steps below.
- Please backup all necessary files before formatting the SD card, since all your videos will be erased in the process.
- The SD card must be formatted in FAT32 format. If you format the card from the BlackVue Viewer, it will be formatted automatically in FAT32.
- After the firmware upgrade, please use the latest version of the BlackVue Viewer and/or App.
- After firmware upgrade Wi-Fi login information will be reinitialized. To connect using the BlackVue App, use the default password “blackvue“.
Note: the X Series, DR900S, DR750S and DR590W Series models have a unique password included in the box and on the camera’s serial no. sticker (you can unmount the front camera to reveal it). The DR750S also reapplies your settings upon upgrade so you do not have to update your password or settings.
- MicroSD Card support: DR900X, DR900S, DR750X, DR750S, DR590X, DR590W and DR590 Series dashcams support up to 256GB. DR650S, DR650GW, DR490, DR490L, DR470, DR450, DR430 Series models support up to 128GB cards, and DR750LW-2CH supports up to 64GB cards.
Note: compatibility is guaranteed only with the official BlackVue microSD cards.
About microSD cards
Note that we recommend using BlackVue microSD cards for optimal performance.
The reason is that dashcams put microSD cards under higher stress than most electronic products such as action cameras or DSLRs due to their constant loop recording. We test our cards extensively before selecting them for inclusion in our products, to make sure that their performance is good and degrades as little as possible over time.
Using third party microSD cards can affect dashcams’ performance and in some cases, force the dashcam to reboot randomly during recording. Although the basic requirement of the microSD cards for BlackVue dashcams is Class 10 or U1 and that the SD card should be formatted as FAT32 [Windows] or MS-DOS (FAT) [Mac OS], we cannot guarantee the perfect performance of cards from other manufacturers, as even cards with same specifications may vary from batch to batch.
Every BlackVue dashcam comes with an original BlackVue microSD card. In case it is missing or replaced by a third-party microSD card at the time of purchase, please contact the seller to make sure you get a genuine BlackVue microSD card.