|Create Date||April 11, 2018|
|Last Updated||May 10, 2021|
This is the firmware for BlackVue DR900S-2CH.
Platforms: Windows / Mac OS X
For installation, follow the firmware installation instructions at www.blackvue.com/downloads.
Version 1.013 (2021-05-10):
- New Hard Acceleration, Hard Braking, Hard Cornering detection function added.
- Applies to: original video files, Live Event upload files, notifications, warning sound, GPS tracking, Drive Report.
- Live Event upload function improvements:
- Combined benefits of Live Event Auto upload and Event File Auto upload.
- Includes 5-second pre-impact buffer + saving to the Cloud in real time
- Geofence-related Event videos upload function added.
- Note: the original file is still saved on the microSD card as a normal recording.
- Notifications improvements:
- Integrated notification settings into a single menu
- Simplified Quick View Events Push Notifications
- Improved Cloud firmware settings function:
- Firmware settings can be changed while not connected to the Cloud
- Most settings apply immediately without dashcam reboot
- Cloud hotspot (SSID / PW) settings added
- GPS location recording ON / OFF setting added
※ Compatible software versions:
BlackVue App: Android v3.18 / iOS v3.21 and up.
BlackVue Viewer: Windows v3.04 / Mac (SD Card Viewer only) v3.05 and up.
Make sure to use the latest versions of the BlackVue Viewer and App for full compatibility when installing a new firmware version.
How to upgrade:
Go to the DOWNLOADS page to access the latest firmware and installation instructions.
Via the BlackVue App (iOS/Android):
Download the firmware to your mobile device (Menu button on the app's Home screen > Firmware download) and do a Firmware Over-The-Air upgrade (BLACKVUE WI-FI > Gear icon > Firmware upgrade (FOTA)).
Tip: make sure to download the firmware before you connect to your BlackVue in Wi-Fi (since the BlackVue won't give you the internet connection necessary to download the firmware). If you are already connected to your BlackVue, then disconnect first, download the firwmare, then connect to the BlackVue's Wi-Fi again.
Over the Cloud:
See how to easily update your firmware with BlackVue Over the Cloud HERE.
Version 1.012 (2019-06-10):
- New HDR Night Vision for the front (4K) camera.
- Replaces the Night Vision setting (the rear camera will still apply Night Vision).
- Preserves highlights day and night.
- Better colors and sharpness.
- GPS Tracking improvements (Any Paid Cloud Plan)
- Polling rate increased for better accuracy (1 minute --> 15 seconds).
- Multiple usability improvements.
- Not supported by the BlackVue Mac Viewer.
- Video On Map (Fleet Plan only)
- In GPS Tracking mode, play auto and manually uploaded videos right from the the map.
- Quick View Notifications: in case of Event, access the video directly from the push notification or from the Notifications menu in the BlackVue App/Viewer.
- Not supported by the BlackVue Mac Viewer.
Version 1.011 (2019-03-26):
- Turn off the proximity sensor: Firmware settings > System settings > Proximity sensor:
- Voice (audio) recording On/Off
- Manual recording
- Off (NEW)
- SD Card Failure Alert: your dashcam constantly monitors the microSD card to detect write protection errors. If the microSD becomes write protected, a "Check SD card" voice notification will play from the dashcam.
- Added compatibility with Interior IR and TRUCK IR cameras.
- Bug fixes and stabilization improvements.
- High Temperature management modifications.
Internal cut-off threshold adjusted to better match actual ambient temperature levels (75°C/167°F).
"HT" (High Temperature) overlay should show on video files from about 70°C/158°F.
- Updated default settings:
- Parking Mode default set to Time Lapse.
- High Temperature Warning default set to OFF.
- Quick View Notifications:
- When a Normal, Parking Mode or Manual Event occurs, a thumbnail is now displayed alongside the Push Notification sent.
- Push Notifications are sent both when an Event starts (e.g. “Impact detected” notification) and when the recording ends (“Event recording saved”).
- If you tap on the Push Notification, the app opens to display a popup with a large-size thumbnail and allow you to view a live stream (Event start notifications) or play a quick play version of the video (Event saved notifications).
Note: in case of quick play videos, only the front camera view is available. User can access the rear camera videos from the video file list.
- Cloud FOTA (firmware upgrade via the Cloud):
- Upgrade your dashcam’s firmware easily over the Cloud.
- To use this feature, go to the BLACKVUE CLOUD menu in the BlackVue app (Cloud Viewer in the desktop application).
- When a new firmware is available, an icon will show near your dashcam’s name.
Tap the 3-dot icon (⋮) > Remote firmware update > Update Now. The dashcam will start downloading the firmware and automatically apply it. You will be notified once the upgrade is successful or fails.
- Write Error Detection:
- Your BlackVue constantly checks that the microSD card is properly recording videos.
- If your microSD card becomes write-protected (“bricked”), a “Check SD card” voice message will play from the dashcam.
- What should you do if your dashcam prompts you to check the SD card?
First, try formatting the microSD card using the Format button on the side of the dashcam (Hold the button until a voice prompt plays, then hold again). If that does not fix the issue, try formatting using the BlackVue Viewer for Mac/Windows. Then if the issue persists, contact Support at [email protected].
- Wi-Fi connection error voice prompt:
If you try to connect to the dashcam in direct Wi-Fi while another device is already connected, the following voice alert will play: “Direct Wi-Fi connection already in use”.
Version 1.007 (no release)
- New Parking Mode Rear Camera Off feature for extended recording time with the front camera in Parking Mode:
Firmware settings > Basic settings > Rear camera recording in parking mode:
- ON : Front and rear cameras record together.
- OFF : Rear camera stops recording 5 minutes after entering parking mode.
Recording restarts when entering normal mode.
- Stability improvements.
- Driving Reports compatibility (BlackVue Fleet Tracking): Driving Reports is a BlackVue Fleet Tracking feature that allows users to view a summary of one's vehicle/dashcam activity over the past 90 days.
Statistics include: driver details, distance driven, travel time, no. of idle stops, idling time, no. of Parking Mode sessions, parked time, no. of times a GPS signal was not found, time without a GPS signal, speed report (no. of speeding alerts, highest speed, average speed), no. of Events (while parked and while driving), geo-fencing report (no. entries/exits/time within a geo-fenced zone).
Note: For the Driving Reports to function properly, the dashcam must be connected to the Cloud at all times.
Driving data are uploaded to the Cloud every minute.
If disconnected from the Cloud, the dashcam will keep in memory up to 60 minutes of driving data and upload them to the Cloud upon re-establishing a connection.
To access the Driving reports:
BlackVue Viewer : Fleet tracking > Driving reports.
BlackVue App: BLACKVUE CLOUD > tap on a dashcams' name > tap on the Driving Reports icon.
- 5GHz Wi-Fi auto-off in case of driving in an area where 5GHz Wi-Fi use is restricted (Japan only): while in a restricted area, Wi-Fi will be temporarily disabled and the Wi-Fi LED will blink quickly, then return to normal after exiting the restricted area
- 2.4GHz Wi-Fi setting set as default (Russian-language firmware only).
- New Time Lapse Parking Mode option.
- After switching to Parking Mode, the dashcam starts recording continuously at 1 frame per second.
- Every 30 minutes, frames are combined into a 1-minute, 30-frames-per-second video.
- Buffered Events: in case of impact detected, the dashcam switches to regular Event recording, including the 5-6 seconds before the impact.
- Scheduled Reboot: if set up, Schedule Reboot will happen during Time Lapse.
- Framerate: Time Lapse videos play back at 30 frames per second, regardless of framerate setting.
To select this Parking Mode option, go to Firmware settings > Basic > Recording > Parking mode recording > Time lapse.
- Improved Motion & Impact detection Parking Mode, with Region-based Motion detection:
- 16 regions (4x4 grid) can be selected (motion detected) or deselected (motion ignored).
- Front and rear cameras detection regions are set independently.
- Motion sensitivity setting (Off, 1~5) is applied globally.
- Due to the distortion induced by the wide view angle of the camera, center region motion sensitivity is higher than for side regions.
For this reason, if you only select regions on the left and right sides, we recommend using a sensitivity value of 4 or higher.
To change those settings, go to Firmware settings > Sensitivity > Motion detection (Parking Mode)
- Added rear camera native mirror view recording setting (Dual-channel models only).
Firmware settings > Basic > Recording > Rear camera orientation > Mirror video.
- New Event File Auto-upload function (Fleet Tracking accounts only). Automatically upload Event video sub-streams (low-res Quick Play version) to the Cloud.
- New Garage hotspot setting (BlackVue Over the Cloud and Fleet Tracking). Prioritize your home or work Wi-Fi connection to save on your mobile hotspot data plan. You can now set any of your registered Wi-Fi hotspots as "Garage" hotspot. The BlackVue will connect in priority to Garage hotspots when switching to Parking Mode. Additionally, while in Parking Mode, it will check every 10 minutes for an available Garage hotspot if not already connected to one.
- Now Cloud video file upload will resume in case of interruption (BlackVue Over the Cloud).
- Wi-Fi band selection.
- Choose between 5GHz and 2.4GHz (under Firmware settings > Wi-Fi).
- Default : 5GHz (a popup in the BlackVue App should inform you in case 5GHz connection is not supported on your phone).
Version 1.002 (no release)
Added high temperature warning (Cloud feature):
- Receive an alert Push Notification when your BlackVue detects an ambient temperature of 65 degrees Celsius (149°F) or more.
- Firmware settings > Cloud settings > Push notification settings.
Original firmware release.
- Default Resolution: Front 4K UHD(3840x2160)@30fps, Rear FHD(1920x1080)@30fps.
- Default Quality: Highest Extreme (Front: 25Mbps, Rear: 10Mbps).
- Video Codec: H.265 (HEVC), H.264 (AVC) supported.
- Enhanced Night vision: default ‘ON (Always)’.
- Wi-Fi (dual band - 5GHz & 2.4GHz): default 5GHz.
- Wi-Fi turn ON at startup is ‘OFF’. Wi-Fi turn OFF after 10 minutes of inactivity is ‘ON’.
- Default Wi-Fi password: unique to each device (printed on a label on the front camera: remove the dashcam from its mount to reveal the password).
- Adaptive format-free file management system.
- Event file overwrite protection.
- High temperature cut off function: approx. 75 °C (167 °F).
- Front/Rear camera 180-degree rotation option.
- Scheduled reboot (restarts your BlackVue daily at a preset time when in Parking Mode, to preserve long-term stability).
- Blackvue App (iOS, Android) & Viewer (Mac, Windows) support.
- Max 128GB micro SD Card support.