Following shortly after Event File Auto-upload, BlackVue Fleet Tracking receives a new exclusive feature: Driving Reports.
- BlackVue DR900S Series Dashcam with Firmware version 1.005.
- BlackVue DR750S Series Dashcam with Firmware version 1.011.
- BlackVue Viewer version 2.01 (Windows) and 1.24 (Mac OS).
- BlackVue App version 2.77 (iOS/Android).
Note in case you were using the BlackVue Viewer Pro: as of version 2.01 (September 2018), the BlackVue Viewer for Windows incorporates the BlackVue Viewer Pro features.
For the Driving Reports to function properly, the dashcam must be connected to the Cloud at all times.
Driving data are uploaded to the Cloud every minute.
If disconnected from the Cloud, the dashcam will keep in memory up to 60 minutes of driving data and upload them to the Cloud upon re-establishing a connection.
What are Driving Reports?
Driving Reports is a new Fleet Tracking feature alongside GPS Tracking and Geo-Fencing which lets you view driving-related data collected by your BlackVue dashcams.
- You can view data for periods of up to 3 consecutive days at a time, over the past 90 days.
- With the BlackVue Viewer, you can view data from up to 3 selected dashcams side by side.
- With the BlackVue App, you can view data from a single dashcam at a time.
How to display Driving Reports?
With the BlackVue Viewer:
- Click on the Fleet tracking button, and then select Driving reports.
- Choose the dashcams you want to see Driving reports for (up to 3).
- Choose the report period in the bottom left corner. The default report period is the last 24 hours. You can change this to any period up to 3 days long in the past 90 days.
With the BlackVue App:
- Go to BLACKVUE CLOUD and log in.
- Tap one of your dashcams’ name or icon.
- Tap the Driving Reports icon.
- Choose the report period. The default report period is the last 24 hours. You can change this to any period up to 3 days long in the past 90 days.
What data do the Driving Reports contain?
The Driving Reports include the following data:
- Driver details (can be input individually in the dashcam’s setting under Camera info.)
- Distance traveled: in kilometers or miles, depending on your settings.
- Travel time: is equal to the total time out of Parking Mode.
- Number of idle stops: idle stops are defined as any instance of the detected speed being at 0 MPH/km/h for 3 seconds or more (but not in Parking Mode).
- Idling time: includes the 3 seconds it takes to enter idle state. For example, if a vehicle’s speed is detected at 0 mph for 2 seconds only, no idle time or stop is accounted for. If a vehicle’s speed is detected at 0 mph for 3 seconds, 3 seconds of idle time will be added to the total.
- Number of Parking Mode sessions.
- Parked time: total time in Parking Mode (note that if your vehicle is parked but the dashcam is not powered, Parked time will not be counted).
- Number of times a GPS signal was not found: this is only counted when driving (Normal mode). In Parking Mode, the GPS turns off and the Cloud server simply remembers the last known location.
- Time without a GPS signal: total time without GPS signal, while driving.
- Speed report:
- Number of speeding alerts: Speed alerts can be configured under Firmware > System > Speed alert and will create an Event file when triggered).
- Highest speed.
- Average speed: excludes all time spent in Parking Mode (Parking Mode triggers after 5 minutes idling).
- Number of Events:
- Number of Events while driving: included Event types: impact-based, speed alerts, manual events.
- Number of Events while parked: included Event types: impact-based, manual events.
- Geo-Fencing report: note that polyline-type geo-fences (which do not have a surface area) are not included.
- Number of entries into a geo-fenced zone.
- Number of exits from a geo-fenced zone.
- Time within a geo-fenced zone(s): shows the time spent in each geo-fence the vehicle entered.
Print and Export Driving Reports
With the BlackVue Viewer, you can print or download each Driving Report in CSV (Comma-Separated Values) format, which is a format universally compatible with spreadsheet editing programs such as Microsoft Excel.