The BlackVue App is getting an update soon. Here is a heads up.
Planned for March 6, 2023 (Korea Standard Time), the update is a major redesign aimed at improving the user experience.
Update 3.42 is live (2023-03-23):
- Added a Guest mode for direct Wi-Fi access without login requirement to access the camera and the app’s downloaded videos.
- Removed the Event Map auto-sharing option. Videos must be shared manually.
- Changed the default tab to Camera instead of Explore tab, for logged in users.
- Improved the loading speed of the tabs.
- When losing internet access while logged in, the Emergency mode will allow users to access the “Downloaded videos” folder and the camera over Wi-Fi.
- After registering a camera to the Cloud, if a camera is not connected to the Cloud, the camera will default to the Wi-Fi connection method.
- The “Do not show” popup option will hide the popup for 7 days instead of 1 day.
- Bug fixes and stabilization improvements.
What you need to know
- The version number for this update is 3.41 for both Android and iOS devices.
- The new app will require you to log in upon first use. You can create an account or log in with an Apple ID or Google ID (on both Android and iOS versions).
- The “Connect to camera” and “Connect to Cloud” menus are merged into the “Camera” tab. This menu also lets you access your connected Parking Mode Battery or manage your BlackVue SIM Card.
The new app is divided into four tabs to facilitate intuitive navigation and quick access to the functions you need. Let’s go over the four tabs in more detail.
In the Explore Tab, you can browse content from the BlackVue community – check the Live footage from publicly shared cameras around the world, see which user-shared videos are trending, take a look at the global Event statistics or learn about the latest BlackVue-related news.
As stated above, the BlackVue App has traditionally been separated into two menus based on the connection method: direct Wi-Fi (“Connect to camera” menu) or over the Cloud (“Connect to Cloud” menu).
With the new app, the Camera tab becomes the one place from which you manage your cameras no matter how you connect to them.
Instead of having two separate menus, the Camera menu includes a toggle button to switch between Wi-Fi and Cloud connection. Whether you manage one or multiple cameras, we believe this should simplify your day-to-day experience with the app.
In the Camera tab, you can also manage your connected Parking Mode battery (Power Magic Ultra Battery) or your BlackVue SIM Card.
Event Map Tab
The Event Map Tab displays a heatmap of Event videos shared by BlackVue users. After you grant the BlackVue app access to your location, the map will center on you and show a view of your surroundings. The roads show different colors, depending on the density of BlackVue dashcam Events triggered on those roads. Playable videos will pop up in the form of small thumbnails on the map. You too can participate and contribute to the Event Map with your videos – by either sharing them manually or by setting up the auto-share feature.
To edit your profile, change your password or upgrade your plan, go to the Profile Tab. Here you can also check how much of the Live View, Playback/Downloads and Cloud Storage you used and see your Downloaded Videos. Tapping the “More” tab at the top of the screen takes you to a menu from where you can contact our Customer Support if you need help. You can also consult the App Manual or check some of the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ). The Safety Notice and our Terms & Policies can be accessed from this tab as well.
Before / After
To help navigate the new app, we listed the main menus of the “old” app and matched them with their “new” app equivalents.
|App version 3.40||App version 3.41 and up|
|Connect to camera menu||Camera tab|
|Connect to Cloud menu||Camera tab|
|BlackVue Battery menu||Camera tab → Battery button|
|BlackVue SIM Card menu||Camera tab → SIM button|
|Downloaded videos||Profile tab → Downloaded Videos|
Also: Camera tab → My Camera → Downloaded Videos
If you have any question or suggestion related to this update or any other topic, feel free to contact our Support Team at [email protected], ask our Chatbot here or visit the BlackVue Help Center.